SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialsdoxies

Question onTepin leaves--need answer!

celestialsdoxies
17 years ago

My dad gave me a jar of Tepin leaves, oh, so many years ago. I still have them stored in my cupboard. Yesterday I decided to open the lid. After all of this time, they are aromatic, resemble the bay leaf and appear to be in useable shape). I have searched, high and low all over the internet. Goggled many phrases to come up with the purpose behind the leaves and nada!! Not one bite of information on the use of the leaves. Lots of info on uses for the chile itself.

Before I call my dad and ask him the dumb question, as to what do I do with them, is there anyone here with real Mexican heritage who either has used them in cooking or a grandparent that has? Most of my relatives are deceased and I know that many true Mexicans use and prepare food unlike the gringo does, with chile, so it is worth my asking.

As far as labeling the jar, my father is always exact. Never forgets to label anything, so I don't doubt for one minute they are what he says they are. Why or why is there nothing on the web? Dying to know.

Marie

Comments (3)

Sponsored