SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sluginator

My Queen Laurie Peppers

sluginator
9 years ago

We have an elevated community garden plot in my apartment complex. The soil is loose and full of organics, no clay or sand to speak of. I put in a drip irrigation system.

I started a lot of peppers from seed this year. None of them were C. annuum. The Queen Laurie seedlings were significantly larger than the other seedlings.

I transplanted them to the community garden with a precise map of where the different varieties of peppers were.

Then some kids climbed over the chicken wire fence and danced on the seedlings, uprooted them, buried them and tossed them around. This occurred several times. I put up a keep out sign, talked to the parents and talked to the kids. Eventually the plants got big enough that there was no room to dance.

The uprooted plants that I could find did quite well once they were replanted. Tough little bastards. Maybe it is because the soil is so loose.

The upshot is that I am not quite sure what variety of pepper it is anymore. I am pretty sure that these are Queen Lauries, but the pods are more pointed than the pictures on the Internet.

The peppers are rather hot, but not anywhere near like a Habanero.

I have two plants. One grew very tall and the other became more bushy and produced more peppers.

The tall plant is taller than I am:

The plant branched into multiple stems:

The bushy one is spilling out of the garden. This is after I picked a quart of peppers:

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida