SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ninel_t

Help Please: black something on leaves

18 years ago

Hi,

I planted two cuttings in February of 2005 - one of my cuttings has been doing very very well. Even thought i did not feed it it had about 6-7 leaves out by the beginning of August. But, I stardet noticing that some of them had yellow coloring in the middle, then one turned completely yellow and I detached it. Then I noticed a teeny tiny spider on the tree and i removed it, but i also noticed that two brand new teeny leaves were glued together by something black. I thought it was something to do with spider - so i touched it and that black something was sticky. After a week or so, a little leave turned black. :(( I decided to save my tree but maybe i killed it - i but off the tip of the cutting and removed all leaves, so the disease does not spread. On the cut i saw black dot, so i cut little more till i saw white. Did i kill my tree? Will it grow back?

My other cutting is rotting :(( But i read many posts here today and I will see if i can cut the healthy part off and plant it. Two cutting tips have little leaves on the top - but they were about an inch long for a month now - no change :(

Please advise.

Ninel

Comments (3)