SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

I'm coming out!

Âwell, I had better re-phrase that, what I mean to say is, thatÂs what my 16 month plumie cutting Âcould have said to me if plants could talk, as I went to check on it this afternoon!

ItÂs first ever flower is opening as I write and there are 60 odd more to follow. It is so fragrant, I have never smelt a plumie before, and it probably has something to do with the fact that IÂve never even seen a plumie plant as far as I am aware before we were in Oz in 2005. The one in question, from which I was later sent my cuttings was not in flower at the time. I canÂt really describe its smell, but it is very sweet and heady.

Can anyone help me identify it please? I have read on here that the first flowers are not usually true to type, either in colour or size, but I have posted a picture just to let you have a look and see if any one can have a stab at naming it for me. I donÂt care if itÂs the most common plumie that has ever been grown, I just donÂt care, its so lovely and a reminder of our last holiday in Oz.. The flowers have pinkish markings on the reverse and are roughly 5cms in diameter. I think it could be a Celadine as from what I have found out they are pretty common and are also known as Common Yellow or Graveyard yellow...charming!

I am so pleased as I never thought I would be able to get it rooted, never mind to flower in just over a year or so...WOOOHOOO!! Hope son and daughter No2 bring me a plumie as a prezzie from Hawaii in the next few days...I cant wait!

Hope one of you experts can identify it for me?

Thanks for all the help, no doubt I will post again now I am hooked on plumies!

Greenclaws.

{{gwi:1192984}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH