SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plumeriapusher

Coastal So Cal Mildew issues?

Kimo
12 years ago

Does anyone else growing plumies in the Coastal areas of Southern California have powdery mildew issues?

For what ever reason I am having an issue with powdery mildew on some of my plumies in the patch. Only certain cultivars seem to be effect:

Smith's Candy stipe/apple

Guillots Sunset

Celadine,

ACW,

Grove Farm

Puu Kahea

Samirie

Gloria Schmidt

JL Pink Ruffles

Slaughters Pink

Stenopetala

I have other plants that are touching the infected plants like J105 is touching Smiths Candy Apple (this one is infected the worst.) but the J105 seems to be unaffected.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue. I figuring since its been such a cool summer, temps averaging in the low to mid 70's, that this is the cause for the severe mildew issues. Smiths candy apple tends to get the powdery mildew frequently but when I spray with a 3 in 1, or fungicide it usually clears up the problem.

On a brighter note even with the cool temps I am getting some great colors!!

Musk Rainbow with its almost purple/lavender, ocher, and tan/browns,are performing well. I took pics with my IPHONE so sorry about the quality of the pics. I also did not adjust or play with the colors, the pics came straight from my phone and the colors are pretty right on.

{{gwi:1190484}}

Cheers

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services