SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diddlydoo

Landscaper has business in residential neighborhood with HOA

diddlydoo
13 years ago

I live in a neighborhood which does not allow you to run your business at your home. This is written in the rules and regulations.

The neighbor across the street (landscaper) refused to stop.

I have called zoning and they agree he should not be doing this. The area is not zoned for business. The zoning guy went over there and my neighbor basically told him to get lost and he can do what he wants.

Zoning told me I can take the guy to court, but I'd have to show up with my pics/videos as evidence. I don't want to face him in court. He said the only other way I can get him to stop is to get the HOA to take care of it.

I called them and they consulted their attorney and the attorney wrote him a letter to cease and desist running his business with a deadline of today 3-11.

He's evidently ignoring that letter.

The guy did clean his yard from wood and various landscaping equipment but he still has his employees parking over there and employees hanging out in his yard at various times during the day. He brings extra traffic to our otherwise quiet cul-de-sac. There are children that play in the cul-de-sac. I had a friend pull out of my driveway one day and hit one of his employees cars.

If any self-employed landscapers in here, how do you handle your business? Do you park your equipment in the yard? Where do your employees all meet up?

This guy has a lot of landscaping materials in his garage and the employees come throughout the day to load and unload. Am I being unreasonable to want him to stop? I don't think so. As far as I'm concerned he's being disrespectful to his neighbors. He should have moved to the country or some area with no HOA.

He has ignored both zoning and the HOA. No other neighbors want to face him in court or make waves with this guy but no one appreciates what he's doing either.

Thanks for your input.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living