SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vegangirl_gw

Rantings and questions

vegangirl
19 years ago

A guy from Dunn & Bradstreet called today wanting to "update your business information". He asked what I thought were nosy questions so I asked him how I was supposed to know that he was who he claimed to be. He gave me an 800 phone number and then said, "Now may we proceed?" I pointed out that I still needed to call the number before I answered any more questions. He said, "Oh! OK!" and hung up. I called the number and it was indeed D & B but they wanted me to punch in my 9 digit subsription code or my business phone number. I don't have a business number and I don't want to jeopardize my good deal phone package by punching in my home phone number. The phone service provider says its not for business use.

My questions are What do Dunn & Bradstreet do? Do I need them to have my business information? Should I have answered this man's questions? Does it matter? I am SO tired of people calling me and trying to rent me postage meters or whatever. I wish I had a business manager to handle all this stuff and just let me grow my plants. But I can't afford one right now. I just want to make enough money to survive. How do you handle the business end of your nursery? I don't know what to worry about and what to ignore. Whaaaaa!!!!!!!

Comments (12)

Sponsored