SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chickadeemelrose

Enclosing A Potager - How Strict an Interpretation?

chickadeemelrose
13 years ago

Hi all,

I've been reading and enjoying the posts lately, very interesting (and helpful) what people are talking about and the photos are great.

I was very preoccupied with my daughter's high school graduation (my youngest!) and my potager has been a little bit neglected...but I'm back now and need to get recharged, so I am working on adding another side to my garden.

The thing is, the west side is our white picket fence, and the north end is a panel of three vertical trellises, connected, on which the pole beans are growing. I'm hoping to post a picture this week.

Is such a panel configuration enough of a "side" to my potager? I would like to put a similar panel at the south end of the garden, behind an existing day lily bed. Then a sidewalk which runs across in front of the lily bed would be inside the potager and I could have some fun with that.

Do these panels sound like they can serve as "sides" to the garden? I hope so. The east side will have to wait for the budget to allow and I'm thinking about hedges etc. for that in the fall or next spring.

Thanks for your thinking about this -

Donna

Comments (6)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company