SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
birdinthepalm

Anyone ordered from Tropical Gardens of Maui?

birdinthepalm
17 years ago

As mentioned in another thread , I'm browsing for more palm sources this winter, and for reasons stated not terribly interested in E-Bay, but prefer places that will allow postal money orders, and mailorders, and do find it difficult to find that many palm sources on line , or at least so far. Looking at a new site today, Tropical Gardens of Maui, I see reasonable prices for very small palms of the varieties I'd like to have, but know nothing about the company or their reputation! Anyone had experience ordering from them? Their shipping is a bit expensive for the first two plants, being $18, but otherwise they charge only $2 per additional plant past the first two!! As opposed to their prices I find another source charges at least $30 for small one gallon plants, and has a $50 minimum order, and that sounds a bit high, though I don't know about their reputation either. I'd prefer the cheapest, but healthy small plams of more unusual varities!! I'm also tempted to try the bare root seedlings, but have gathered reading variious posts on this topic, that those seedlings are very fragile and not easy to establish sometimes after planting?? Oh well, just a few thoughts!!

Comments (9)