SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sflgplume

For fun: Waimea 1, Camera 0

sflgplume
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have read on a recent thread that I'm very proud of my Sony point-n-shoot Cyber-shot camera. Jandey agreed in that post that, for the money, Sony point-n-shoots take the best, truest photos.

Well, then the first bloom of Waimea's next round opened...LOL and now I know that my great little camera does have limits. This bloom's pigments were so saturated that the underside stripe looked almost black. On the topside, the orange center was non-existent--instead, the entire bloom was technocolor magenta. The tidal wave of color was too much for my camera, and it utterly failed at capturing what this bloom truly looked like:

That red splotch in the upper-left quadrant...yah...that's the flower. HA!

Here's a close-up of the bloom, the taking of which obviously sent my camera into a tizzy:

Not even CLOSE! Hehe

I guess if I ever want to capture color like that with accuracy, I'll have to invest in something fancier.

Thankfully, most blooms aren't ever going to be that intensely colored, so for now, I still love my Cyber-shot :-) It did capture the white veins on the underside of Waimea quite beautifully:

Here are a few more one-bloom shots (wish they were full-on inflos, sorry!):

Kaheohe Sunburst! Yah mon!

Here's Thumbalina exhibiting its little thumbs and a lovely pink haze...but still no stripes of color as shown in JJ's photos...maybe next year:

Wish it were more :-) but enjoy!

Greg

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor