SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spataro51

Help With Transplant SHOCK??

spataro51
17 years ago

I have a ten foot roebellini that mostly everyone hear allready knows :). It is three weeks today that it was transplanted in a pot. It was currenlty out of the ground and not in a pot for about a week. I knew it was going to go through some transplant shock because i trimmed about 2 inches of the root ball and also it is in my garage with artifical lighting (12 4 foot flour lights) The temps are between 55-65 at night and about 70-80 during the day, so just the new environment was going to be shocking to it. When i transplanted i used viogro root stimulator for the first watering then just regular water after that. It was doing great for the first 2 weeks then over the past week some of the lower fronds were drooping and starting to turn brown. Well this morning i looked and about 6 of the lower fronds are about 60% brown and drooping real low (i am for sure going to lose them) when can i do to protect the rest of the tree and also how do i know for sure if the palm has took the transplant ok??? I must say the fronds in the crown are still real green, but no new growth or the new emerging fronds havnt opened any.... SUGGESTIONS???

Comments (14)