SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

The Catalogs In Today's Mailbox.....

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
13 years ago

Today there were three catalogs in the mail: Edmund's Roses, R. H. Shumway and Tomato Grower's Supply Company.

The only one I've looked at so far is Tomato Grower's Supply, and since I practically have it memorized already, I just glance through to see what's new. So, what's new in it this year? A handful of tomato varieties, a couple of new pepper varieties and one new eggplant variety.

The new eggplant is Amethyst hybrid, which is a compact plant suitable for containers. It produces small, teardrop-shaped fruit that are a dark,medium-purple---about the same color as Hansel if you've grown that one.

The new peppers include Numex Suave Orange, which is a habanero-flavored type but with only about 800 Scoville Heat Units, and Cajun Belle, a 2011 AAS winner which is a miniature bell pepper with a blend of sweet and hot flavor.

New in the tomato section this year are Magda's Perfection (their free bonus seed last year, I think), Lemon Cherry, Brandywine Liam's, Cherokee Green, Sweet Treats and the highly anticipated Mountain Magic.

I thought I'd ordered all the seeds I wanted this year, but a couple of varieties in the TGSC catalog sure are tempting.

You can visit TGSC's website to browse through the varieties they offer of if you want to request a print copy of their catalog.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato Grower's Supply Company

Comments (48)