SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sflgplume

Just for fun: FL Lowe's JJ 'mystery' finds

sflgplume
12 years ago

So, ever since irun up in St. Pete found 'Inca Gold' at a Tampa Bay-area Lowe's, I've been dropping by some of the half dozen or so Lowe's in my neck of the woods when I've been in the neighborhood. Yesterday I found at one particular store a display of about 8 JJ plants. I was expecting to find "the usual": Mini-White, Divine, and Calif. Sunset, all great plants but ones that I already own and always see for sale at our Lowe's. Needless to say, I was speechless when I saw this:

I am so psyched to own 'Elsie', especially at $20 for 5 tips! At first I thought Elsie looked exactly like my 'Divine', which started blooming last week:

But eventually I noticed the numerous differences between the two plants.

Also there was an 'Inca Gold', probably done blooming for this year, but I won't complain:

And then, there were some that, alas, had no white ID tags stuck in them: Jungle Jack mystery plumies!

I actually now own two of these JJ no ID's. Strictly for fun, I thought I'd solicit some best guesses from those of you who may be familiar with the 'look' of more kinds of JJ plants than me. So, here's Mystery Plumie #1:

I would draw the guesser's attention to the slender quality of the stem of this plant--thinner than any JJ variety I've seen (and don't let the other plant on the left in the top pic deceive you: that's 'Kiliwia', which is also slender-stemmed). Also, the pic quality isn't great, but also notice that the new leaves do not show much red blush at all.

So, anyone care to tell me what JJ variety I now own? :) Your guess is as good as mine...heck, probably better!

Greg

Comments (9)