SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seedmama

2010/2011 Official Dixondale Onion Thread

seedmama
13 years ago

It's time! Post your official order for Dixondale onion sets here. K&K Nursery is pleased to accomodate our Dixondale onion order. They will be able to give us a price less than half of the best price we could get by going to Dixondale directly. Factoring tax, etc., I will not be able to quote an exact price until the order is actually placed, but for now plan on "around a dollar" (likely less) per bunch of 60 sets. This will allow our "geographically distant" members to benefit from the great pricing even after shipping from OKC. Before you post, please read the following pieces of information.

1. You must post your official order on this thread. Any "orders" made on our summertime discussion thread will not be placed, primarily because that thread is "gone".

2. To ensure we receive exactly what we want, cut off date on this thread will be Sunday January 30, 2011. Once this thread reaches the bottom of the page, please bump it so all interested parties may order through that date.

3. Tentatively, plan to meet me at a centralized location in Oklahoma City to pick up your onions in mid-to-late February. Once we have a confirmed shipping date, I will post a firm date. (For now, think in terms of Sat 2/13 or Sun 2/20, although we may push it back a bit later).

4. If you are in or near the OKC metro area, please plan to pick up your onions. If you will be giving birth that weekend, or find yourself stuck in airport security in Australia, I will ship them to you. Otherwise, if you can't make it, please find a friend to meet me.

5. If you live outside the OKC metro area and want to participate, I will ship them to you using the most cost effective means from the USPS.

6. Once the time and date of the pick up is determined, I will email everyone privately with the location. For everyone's security, I ask that the location not be disclosed on the forum.

7. Please bring correct change to the designated location. Also please bring a box or bag to carry your sets in.

8. A link to Dixondale Farms is below. Most of us will order intermediate or short day onions, but you may order anything you like. Each bunch contains approximately 60 sets, and there is no minimum order of a particular variety.

9. If I've overlooked a detail, or if you have questions, please ask. It think it will be fun to see everyone pre-Spring Fling!

Seedmama

Here is a link that might be useful: Dixondale Farms

Comments (89)

• owiebrain
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Any word on the long-days yet, seedmama? No worries either way, just curious since it's too cold out to do anything other than ask silly questions.

Diane

• mwilk42
    13 years ago

seedmama-
    I would like 1 bunch ea. of the following

Candy
    Red Candy Apple
    SuperStar

Thanks so much for doing this!
    Mo

• Related Discussions

Container Count / Zone Wars 2011-2012 ~ Official Count (4)

Q

Comments (150)
    ~ Container Count / Zone Wars ~ Zone Wars Summary: Zone 3 . . . . . . . . . . . 12 Zone 4 . . . . . . . . . . 443 Zone 5 . . . . . . . . . 3,144 Zone 6 . . . . . . . . . 3,596 Zone 7 . . . . . . . . . 2,184 Zone 8 . . . . . . . . . . 936 Zone 9 . . . . . . . . . . 182 Total Containers: 10,497 Good morning, winter sowers. Hope everyone is enjoying the spring and getting lots of gardening done! Welcome to the count Nana8! Click the Container Count / Zone Wars Spreadsheet to see the container count in detail. ~ Happy Sowing Everybody ~
    ...See More

Zone Wars!! Official Container Count for 2010/11 Part 4

Q

Comments (150)
    Thanks to hostarookie for keeping the count & doing the Excel spreadsheet! Posts through 12:00 noon on 3/3/11 are included here, others will be included next time. Please post any corrections & we will work on them! Zone Wars Total: 9938 Please post here with your current TOTAL count. Happy sowing! Zone 4 = 821 201 brambleoak ~~1 curt grow ~31 dieg01991 151 dirtbert ~10 missanissa z4 ~~8 mnwsgal ~18 noinwi 153 sandysgardens ~36 tamamaroo124 212 worthgold1 Zone 3 = 4 ~~4 nutsaboutflowers Zone 5 = 3469 190 adamark ~61 amybeth82 ~76 bookjunky4life ~81 cab321 ~56 cottagedreamer ~92 daisydawnny ~23 dirtgently ~~4 edie h ~68 floodthelast 101 gardenunusual ~25 highalttransplant ~20 indiana.matt 150 ishareflowers ~12 jessew 319 jim49631 505 jodie74 114 judiohz5 107 just1morehosta ~35 karendee 163 katmatney ~~9 kvenkat ~25 lilblossom ~29 lily55rjw ~40 marthacr ~20 mastergardener2003 ~28 momstar ~42 mrs.b in wy ~28 nancyplants ~~4 not a contessa ~27 ohioveggies 121 paulan70 ~44 pvmiscaccount ~85 rbrady 110 rosemctier ~97 sjc48 ~59 skywaitress 245 snapdragon36 ~24 strmywthr3 ~36 tempusflits ~12 terrene ~13 TheGirlNtheDirt 119 wren1 ~50 yellowflowerpot Zone 6 = 2747 ~18 aggiebee ~49 anthemion ~10 bakemom ~~4 caryltoo 123 countrycarolyn ~21 ctcfo 244 granny123-2006 289 hostarookie ~60 jlhart76 ~93 kimka 191 ladyrose65 364 lgslgs 127 livsauntieshel ~53 lois 127 marie of roumania ~27 mechele211 ~39 michiet ~66 moon458 ~52 moonwolf ~36 ohiovalleygardener ~32 onedaylily ~~8 orcascove ~~6 palmetto gardener ~~5 plantrancherbecca ~31 prairiemoon2 ~27 sandy1186 ~39 sandysoil2008 ~96 serenae ~65 slackermom ~32 stlgirl ~54 suecirish ~74 tepelus ~39 terryj09 136 weebay 110 ymaddox Zone 7 = 2135 ~91 aklinda 198 corrine1 ~42 daffodillady 110 drippy ~20 faunus ~~9 hepatica z7 ~88 iam3killerbs ~40 kmpsmom ~81 lceh 295 ldsluder ~60 linda jo 413 meadows ~58 nan-6161 ~72 rane grow ~12 rosa crazii ~~3 sammyg ~25 shmooey ~27 token28001 ~45 tomva 211 velsgarden 167 wipe yo feets ~68 yorktownpatty Zone 8 = 762 ~36 boysnoise210 188 clc70 ~46 firsthouse mp ~13 gardenofeden777 ~50 manda3 ~43 msbatt ~~2 nanagarden ~17 newskye ~~6 river crossroads ~52 roper2008 ~17 sandlapper rose 105 saravancouver ~98 silver cat ~16 steff442 ~73 sweetlady
    ...See More

Dixondale Onion Deadline January 30

Q

Comments (3)
    Hi Momfryhover, The last email I received from you was on 1/16, and I responded the same day. I haven't received one from you since. Is that the one? Thanks, Seedmama
    ...See More

2013-2014 Official Dixondale Onion Ordering Thread

Q

Comments (32)
    Friends, You are very welcome! It was a pleasure! I, too, was impressed with the quantity in the bunches, and also with them being "just the right size". That's my interpretation of neither too big to adapt, or too small to thrive. You may recall I ordered 19 bunches last year, and by the time the onions arrived I was in a new job that doesn't allow time for gardening. Seedpapa planted them all. This year, he set the limit at 2 bunches, so I only ordered 5. The overstuffed bunches kept him busy last weekend. We are still eating onions from last year. The ones we stored so carefully in the basement started sprouting about 8 weeks ago, but the ones we never managed to get out of the garage are still good. Go figure!
    ...See More
  • soonergrandmom
    13 years ago

I just received the Dixondale Newsletter saying that last years seed crop in the west was limited by the heat and the seed crop was 20% of normal. Dixondale prepared for the non-availability of seeds, but they say some varieties may be limited.

Since onion seed doesn't keep for long, I expect this to be a big problem for some growers and you are likely to see the impact in the grocery stores for the full year. Just my thoughts on the matter.

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

dannigirlsgarden, I've got your order, but I don't have your email. Please send me an email through GW and let me know which way you'll be getting your onions.

Mo, I've got your order, and I took the email address off your member page. Please confirm you will be picking up in OKC.

Diane, Thanks for all the bumps. K&K is still communicating with their wholesaler about long day options. I'm as anxious as anybody, but nothing yet to share back.

You are welcome to all. Can't you just taste the onions?!?!

• mwilk42
    13 years ago

seedmama-
    you have email!
    mo

• chefgumby
    13 years ago

I'm never able to make it to the spring swap, so I'd at least like to get in on some affordable onion sets. Please put me down for:
    1-Intermediate day sampler
    1- Contessa, short day
    1- Lancelot leeks

I live in OKC and will send you an email shortly. Thanks!

Dale

• owiebrain
    13 years ago

Thanks for the update, seedmama.

Carol, I got the newsletter, too, but didn't read it. I'm glad you let us know. Onions are a staple in this family so I'll have to make sure to grow as much as I can.

Diane

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

K&K has been nothing but gracious regarding our efforts to obtain Dixondale onions. We were offered the great price because K&K buys them from a wholesaler, and not direct from Dixondale. Unfortunately, the wholesaler will not be carrying the Dixondale brand this year, because of pricing. Therefore, K&K will not be able to offer them to us.

We must now make a decision on how to proceed. One the one hand, we can place an order through K&K for the varieties they will be offering this year. Direct from the email: "We will have Red, yellow and white Bermuda, 1015Y super sweet, red, yellow and white granex and several others to be determined. We will also have shallots, varieties to be determined."
    From a variety perspective, we don't gain much over purchasing from our own local sources. From a freshness perspective, K&K will work with us, letting us know as soon as the onions arrive, and they always carry quality goods. While I am willing to make a large purchase at K&K, then deliver to OKC, I see a number of logistical issues that will be difficult to overcome, especially on scheduling. K&K's target is to have onions arrive mid-February, but if the weather is bad, they delay their order to protect the onions. That is keeping in line with their efforts to provide the freshest merchandise available, but it makes planning a get together more challenging. It especially compounds scheduling issues for Carol who has offered to be our Tulsa mule.

On the other hand, we can use our collective purchasing power to make a single purchase from Dixondale. You may recall this was the original idea, before we decided to bring local K&K into the picture. The cost will be $2.50 per bunch of 60, and all ONION varieties, mix and match, are available to us. Pricing on leeks is less straightforward and will depend on the number ordered. The cost of a full bunch of 60 leeks will not be more than $5.80 per bunch, assuming no one cancels their leek order, and depending on how many total are ordered. Because of the complicated leek pricing structure, half bunches of 30 leeks are $5.00.

Ordering direct from Dixondale will allow us to choose from a large number of named varieties. It will also let us pick a specific Monday for them to ship out, allowing us to make plans. (In the event the weather forecast looks bad, Dixondale says we can call the week before to postpone.) I propose we ask for ship date of February 28. That way, out-of-towners and metro OKC folks alike will have their onions the weekend of March 4.

Here's some math for our out-of-town-by-mail friends trying to decide whether an order is cost effective. It factors in the postal service's rate hike for flat rate boxes, effective January 2. Small boxes are now $5.20 and medium boxes are $10.95.

Total cost for group-ordered Dixondale onions and shipping in a small flat rate box is listed below. The cost if ordered directly by you from Dixondale is in parentheses. If you group-order leeks, add the pricing listed above. If you order leeks yourself directly from Dixondale, get your wallet out.

1 bunch $ 7.70 (10.75)
    2 bunches $10.20 (14.75)
    3 bunches $ 12.70 (19.75)
    4 bunches $15.20 (22.75)
    5 bunches $17.70 (25.75)

Total cost for group-ordered Dixondale onions and shipping in a medium flat rate box is listed below. The cost if ordered directly by you from Dixondale is in parentheses. If you group-order leeks, add the pricing listed above. If you order leeks yourself directly from Dixondale, get your wallet out.

6 bunches $25.95 (28.75)
    7 bunches $28.45 (31.75)
    8 bunches $30.95 (34.75)
    9 bunches $33.45 (37.75)
    10 bunches $35.95 (40.95)
    11 bunches $38.45 (42.75)
    12 bunches $40.95 (44.75)
    13 bunches $43.45 (46.75)
    14 bunches $45.95 (48.75)
    15 bunches $48.45 (50.75)

I know that a deciding factor for some of us was the $1 per bunch pricing. It's okay if you decide to opt out. Just send me an email directly, with the subject line CANCEL MY DIXONDALE ORDER.

For those who had planned to pick up their Dixondales at K&K, that option would no longer be available. My lovely assistant p-mac has agreed to be the mule for Normanites and Moore-ons who would like to pick up down south. She is having GW email issues, so I will continue to be the point of contact until further notice.

Once we've had a discussion I'll ask everyone who has signed up to send me an email directly. Please use the following words in the subject line:
    CANCEL MY ORDER
    PROCEED WITH MY ORDER
    CHANGE MY ORDER

I am so sorry this has happened, and hope it hasn't inconvenienced anyone. It's just one of those unfortunate things. Fortunately, we got the news early enough to still have options.

Please post your thoughts so we can make decisions about going forward.

Thanks,
    Seedmama

• avidchamp
    13 years ago

I suggest that we go ahead and place the Dixondale order directly. We can pretty well figure out what the pricing will be and we should all pre-pay at order time. I live South of Norman in Goldsby and can help with deliveries in any way.

Bob

• leava
    13 years ago

seedmama sent you my changed order via GW email and thank you a million times over for doing this.

leava

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The price charts above are for the benefit of out of town people trying to decide whether the cost of mailing justifies the purchase. It includes all costs associated with getting them to my house, followed by me shipping them to you in the box of your choice.

Incidentally, I am just GUESSING that 5 bunches will fit in a small box. It could be more, it could be less. I was just trying to offer some numbers to help people make a decision. If you want me to cram 6 bunches into small box, or if you want your 2 bunches shipped in a medium box, it's all good with me. It is strictly your call.

The price is $2.50 per bunch for the following three groups of people: OKC Metro pickup, Norman pick up, Carol's meet in Tulsa pickup. That price includes the cost of shipping from Dixondale to my house, and there will be no additional cost because you are picking them up at a central location.

Hope this helps.

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm getting good questions at home. I'm going to share the answers here for the benefit of all. The purpose of today's post was to generate discussion and survey whether there will be enough interest to get to 30 bunches.
    If we have enough continued interest to accumulate a minimum order of 30 bunches, and I suspect we will, I will place an order with Dixondale. So far I have received confirmation for 14 bunches so we are well on our way. If we do not reach a minimum of 30 bunches, the cost per bunch goes up and I will opt out.

• chefgumby
    13 years ago

I think we should just order directly from Dixondale, and I am still in for the restructured price.

Dale, OKC

• carsons_mimi
    13 years ago

Man, I'm glad I don't live in Moore. :-) I'm still in and sent you a PM.

Lynn

• biradarcm
    13 years ago

$2.50 per bunch is still pretty good price. I guess it is better to place order directly.

• soonergrandmom
    13 years ago

I'll make like a banana and hang with the bunch. Whatever works for you, works for me.

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    13 years ago

I'm still in too. While I think ordering directly from Dixondale might work better at this point, I'll be happy either way, Seedmama, so like Carol says, whatever works for you, works for me.

Dawn

• p_mac
    13 years ago

Seedmama - sent you an e-mail that said "Proceed with my Order" so count me in also.

• dodemeister
    13 years ago

me and my 2 little bunches are still in:) will send an email stating the same.

dody

• jcheckers
    13 years ago

I'm still in with my original order so long as we are able to get them at $2.50 per bunch.

Keith

• Melissa
    13 years ago

Here is my order, finally! lol
    I had to go back and double check what Carol was getting since she is only a few miles from me.

Intermediate Day Sampler- 1
    Candy- 2
    Red Candy Apple- 2
    Super Star- 1
    Lancelot Leeks- 2 bunches

Please send my order with Carol. Also, sending you an email.
    Thank you so much for doing this. Very much appreciated.

Melissa

• okfella
    13 years ago

I have confirmed via email, but just to put a little placeholder here as well, I am still in for Dixondale at $2.50 per bundle. My original order stands!

Thanks for the update, and all of your efforts.

• biradarcm
    13 years ago

Dana, Please double my order. 2-bunches each of my previous order.
    1. 1015Y Texas Supersweet
    2. Contessa
    3. Hybrid Southern Belle Red
    4. Red Candy Apple
    5. Candy
    6. Superstar and
    No change in Leeks, i think Half Bunch Lancelot Leeks would be enough.

Thank you -Chandra

• soonergrandmom
    13 years ago

Whoever said, "No good deed goes unpunished", could have been right, uh seedmama?

It is still a good price and coming fresh from Dixondale. Usually I can find one type of onion from Dixondale in my area, and the price is OK, but by the time the store puts out the display the onions are looking a little dry. I have only ordered directly from Dixondale once or twice, and the price is way too high for the number I will buy, so a bulk order is best.

Of course, I won't save anything by the time I make the trip to pick up, but I have an excuse for a 'road trip' out of it. LOL I can always find something else to do in OKC.

Do you know how many people are along my way, especially Tulsa?

• dodemeister
    13 years ago

soonergrandmom, i can help out with the tulsa deliveries/meet up/however it is you want to do it. just thought i'd throw out the offer.

dody :)

• soonergrandmom
    13 years ago

Thanks Doty

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dody,

Per prior correspondence, I have you down for a Mail delivery. If you decide for sure you want to be part of the Tulsa/Carol delivery, let me know so I can stay organized regarding my communication channels. Any way you like is fine with me, as long as I know what it is.

Soonergrandmom, I currently have 4 on the Tulsa list including you and also including one person who has not yet confirmed acceptance of the $2.50 price. The number 4 does not include dodemeister.

Chandra, I've updated your order to 2 each. Thanks for posting here.

The ship dates suggested above are tentative, and designed to be the middle ground to accomodate all in our forum who may order. Based on current orders, we may move back a week earlier. I do not currently plan to make a final determination until orders close on January 30, but that is of course subject to change, so keep an eye on this thread. Weather is a factor I can't predict this far in advance.

Carol, Like the whistle-toting dude as the end of Animal House reminds us, "Remain calm. All is well!" LOL And it really is. Once the deal with K&K starting going south, I explored many choices to give us the next best option, and I'm finding we were able to accomodate most. After all, we're dealing with onion transplants, not kidneys!

• OkiePokie
    13 years ago

I am okay with the $2.50 price from dixondale.

• Melissa
    13 years ago

Seedmama,
    I sent you an email with my order...did you get it? I didn't receive a reply and want to make sure my order is in. Also, I need to know how much to send to you and your address.
    Thanks.
    Melissa

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Effective immediately, I will no longer accept orders for half bunches (30) of leeks. There are four individuals who have already placed half orders; those orders will stand.

We have met our minimum order on both onions and leeks. You may continue to place orders until January 30. I will be distributing payment information soon, and thanks to those who have inquired.

Seedmama

• chefgumby
    13 years ago

Seedmama does my email request for a half-bunch count as one of the four? If not, keep my original order of one full bunch.

Dale, OKC

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Dale. You are one of the four. From this point forward, anyone can up their half to a whole, but no one can cut back to a half or order a half.

Seedmama

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just spoke with the senior sales person at Dixondale. She recommends a limit of three and absolutely no more than four bunches be shipped in the small priority ($5.20) box. When I inquired how leeks fit into the picture, I was surprised to learn bunches of leeks are slightly smaller in volume than onions, FYI.

If you have 4 or more bunches for mail order it is recommended you choose the medium ($10.95) box.

I will be posting cost totals soon, along with payment instructions. If you ordered onions only, you can easily calculate the number of bunches you ordered times $2.50. If you also ordered leeks, I will not be able to provide final cost until the leek order is placed.

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I provided a list of zip codes to the senior sales person. Based on that, I will request a ship date of Monday, 2/21.

If you are an OKC pickup person, mark you calendar for after work on Friday, February 25th. I define after work as 5 to 7, but if you have different ideas, I'll listen. I have a couple of locations in mind. If you would like to list a major intersection that defines your location (10th & Rockwell, or 29th and Midwest Blvd. for example) you may email me PRIVATELY and I will take that into consideration.

If you are in the Norman pick up group, Paula will be picking them up Friday from me, and making arrangments for you to get them Saturday.

If you are in the Tulsa pick up group, I will contact Carol as soon as these stinkers arrive at my door step (possibly Wednesday, but likely Thursday) and she will make arrangements with you based on when she comes.

If you are in the mail/ship group, I will send them back out the same day they come in.

This is getting exciting!

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

By moving the ship date earlier, the window for payment has narrowed as well. Here's how it's going to work. On February 1, I will post totals for all, including those who ordered leeks. If you are in the Norman, Mail, or Tulsa group, I must have your payment, described below, before I will release your onions.

If you wish to use a personal check, your envelope must be postmarked by the US Postal Service (not Mailstop or your company postage meter) no later than Friday, February 4. If your envelope is postmarked February 5 or later, you must pay by certified check, no exceptions. Personal checks postmarked February 5 or later will be shredded and returned to you. Each of you should have received an email from me with my address. The only thing you are waiting on now is the total, which will be posted February 1.

If you are coming to the OKC pickup, you may pay by check, following the date guidelines above, or you may pay by cash (exact change) that evening. I will not accept checks the night of the OKC pickup, and I will not be bringing change. I did not send my mailing address to anyone in this group. If you plan to mail payment, email me so I can do that.

For people who did not order leeks, and want to get a head start, here are your totals. TBA (To Be Announced)references people who ordered leeks. In the final calculation, it may go higher or lower, so if you ordered leeks, do not send payment yet.

Norman:
    avidchamp, TBA, approximately $14.50
    biradarcm, TBA, approximately $35.00
    momfryhover, TBA, approximately $12.50
    P-mac, 6 bunches, $15

Mail:
    Dodemeister, 2 bunches, $5.00 plus $5.20 shipping
    Justsaymo, 3 bunches, $7.50 plus $5.20 shipping
    Leava, 6 bunches, $15 plus shipping to be determined
    Okiedawn, TBA, approximately $19.75 plus $10.95 shipping

Tulsa:
    Danni girl, TBA, approximately $15
    Msspriggs, TBA, approximately $24.50
    OkiePokie, 2 bunches, $5
    Soonergrandmom, TBA, approximately $15

Oklahoma City:
    Aikimikey, 5 bunches, $12.50
    Carsonsmimi, TBA, approximately $12.50
    Chefgumby, TBA, approximately $10
    Daleok, TBA, approximately $10
    Jcheckers, 6 bunches, $15
    Mrsb73122, 2 bunches, $5
    Okfella, 6 bunches, $15

If you do not agree with either totals or approximations, email me. I'm prone to typos. If I do not have you listed in the right group, that's important, so let me know that as well.

Seedmama

• p_mac
    13 years ago

Hey, Seedmama!!! Can I still increase my order? If so, I need to order an additional shortday sampler and another bundle of bermuda whites.

Let me know if it's too late please? thanks "bunches"!

Paula

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Paula,

I've got you covered. Orders can be changed until 11:59 p.m. on January 30.

Seedmama

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dixondale Farms has agreed to send one Growing Guide for each member who placed an order. If you are ordering onions for a friend, let me know and I will ask for an additional growing guide to share.

Thanks,
    Seedmama

• OkiePokie
    13 years ago

awesome... thats very nice of them.

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Justsaymo, I received your payment today. Thanks!

• biradarcm
    13 years ago

Sedmama, that price (+/-) is OK with me.

One silly question just for curiosity. How many pounds of onions can be produced from a bunch (~60plants) under fair growing condition? The newbie planting with 12 bunches, can I expect at least 150-200lbs?

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Chandra,
    12 bunches will be about 720 sets, possibly up to 960. If we assume 720 and each onion is only 1/4 pound or 4 ounces, that will be 180 pounds. We won't know your mileage until it happens, but since you'll quite possibly get more than 720, and I know you will feed them well in full sun, I'd say you have a really good chance of meeting your goal.

• leava
    13 years ago

Short day sampler (3)
    Intermediate Day Sampler (3)
    1015Y Texas Super Sweet (2)
    Red Candy Apple (2)

Seedmama here is my increased order.I am sharing them with at least two other friends so if i can have 3 growing guides,super or if not two is great.

thank you again
    Leava

• biradarcm
    13 years ago

Thank you Seedmama. That will be enough harvest to feed us for a year harvest! -Chandra

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's Official! Our order has been placed. It will ship on 2/21 by UPS, scheduled to arrive at my place on Thursday, 2/24. I will be meeting the OKC people on Friday after work (details to follow) and pmac will be meeting the Norman/Moore people on Saturday. Carol will be sharing the details of her Tulsa trip soon.

We got a better-than-anticipated price on the leeks, so you'll see that reflected in your total.

Thank you for having personal checks postmarked by February 5.

Here are the final totals:

Norman:
    avidchamp, 2 onions, 2 leeks, $14.00
    biradarcm, 12 onions, 1/2 leek, $33.00
    momfryhover, 3 onions, 1 leek, $12.00
    P-mac, 8 bunches, $20

Mail:
    Dodemeister, 2 bunches, $5.00 plus $5.20 shipping
    Justsaymo, 3 bunches, $7.50 plus $5.20 shipping
    Leava, 10 onions, $25 plus $10.95 shipping
    Okiedawn, 6 onions, 1 leek, $19.50 plus $10.95 shipping

Tulsa:
    Danni girl, 4 onions, one leek, $13
    Msspriggs, 6 onions, 2 leeks, $24.00
    OkiePokie, 2 onions, $5
    Soonergrandmom, 4 onions, 1 leek, $14.50

Oklahoma City:
    Aikimikey, 5 bunches, $12.50
    Carsonsmimi, 3 onions, 1/2 leek,$10.50
    Chefgumby, 2 onions, 1/2 leek, $8
    Daleok, 2 onion, 1 leek, $9.50
    Jcheckers, 6 bunches, $15
    Mrsb73122, 2 bunches, $5
    Okfella, 6 bunches, $15

Yippee!

Seedmama

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was curious what each person's total would have been, had we not ordered as a group. The number in parentheses is the "what if" number, not the actual number.

avidchamp, 2 onions, 2 leeks, $14.00 (34.65)
    biradarcm, 12 onions, 1/2 leek, $33.00 (53.70)
    momfryhover, 3 onions, 1 leek, $12.00 (30.70)
    P-mac, 8 bunches, $20 (34.75)

Mail:
    Dodemeister, 2 bunches, $5.00 plus $5.20 shipping 10.20(14.75)
    Justsaymo, 3 bunches, $7.50 plus $5.20 shipping 12.70 (19.75)
    Leava, 10 onions, $25 plus $10.95 shipping 35.95 (40.75)
    Okiedawn, 6 onions, 1 leek, $19.50 plus $10.95 shipping 30.45 (39.70)

Tulsa:
    Danni girl, 4 onions, one leek, $13 (33.70)
    Msspriggs, 6 onions, 2 leeks, $24.00 (48.65)
    OkiePokie, 2 onions, $5 (14.75)
    Soonergrandmom, 4 onions, 1 leek, $14.50 (33.70)

Oklahoma City:
    Aikimikey, 5 bunches, $12.50 (25.75)
    Carsonsmimi, 3 onions, 1/2 leek,$10.50 (28.70)
    Chefgumby, 2 onions, 1/2 leek, $8 (23.70)
    Daleok, 2 onion, 1 leek, $9.50 (25.70)
    Jcheckers, 6 bunches, $15 (28.75)
    Mrsb73122, 2 bunches, $5 (14.75)
    Okfella, 6 bunches, $15 (28.75)

Seedmama

• biradarcm
    13 years ago

Thank you Seedmama, for your time and helps us to save some $$ (for buying more seeds). I am sending check today only, as I see exaggerated weather forecast models (internal), one of the model predicted up to 2 feet of snow. If that holds true, I guess university will be closed for couple of days.
    Take care and stay warm -Chandra

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You are very welcome, Chandra. You and I are thinking along the same lines... more seeds!

• seedmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Danni Girl!

If you are watching this thread, there is an important email waiting for you. If you didn't get it, please email me and I will send it again.

Thanks!
    Seedmama

• carsons_mimi
    13 years ago

*Bump* ...in case someone else is having the same "Now how much do I owe Seedmama?" moment.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor