SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

A Beautiful Cloudy, Rainy Monday Morning!

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

I awoke to the sound of raindrops hitting the roof and all I can say is that it is about time!

This morning, we have slightly over an inch of rain in the rain gauge at our house, although our Mesonet station had only recorded .21 when I checked it a couple of hours ago. Dorothy, if you are reading this, that means my rainfall is now over 24"! All I need is 36" of rain to fall and I can catch up to your rainfall for the year. LOL

It is very cool here this morning and not expected to warm up very much either. I think we are expecting possible recurring bands of rain showers to move across the state, so you know I'm hoping for more rain.

If this rainfall continues, there's a chance our part of the state will fall out of the 'moderate drought' category and move into the next higher category which is "abnormally dry". Hey, it would be progress!

Our local weather guy said last week that the jet stream was going to be dropping lower in the middle part of the country for a prolonged period, which would bring more rain to the parts of southern OK and Texas that have been exceptionally dry. As happy as I am to have the rain here, I really hope it falls on southcentral Texas in the Hill Country area.....they have been exceptionally dry.

I hope the rest of you get rain today, and I hope we all avoid the high winds and hail that are in the forecast.

Dawn

Comments (6)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor