SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasonwco

Blackened buds on plumeria

jasonwco
15 years ago

Greetings,

I bought a couple of plumeria plants a month or two ago. One was in bloom when I bought it, the other not. Both are having the same problem. The buds are turning black and falling off. I only water maybe once a week, and before watering I make sure the soil seems fairly dry (an inch or two down). I haven't fertilized yet, and I'm a bit uncomfortable with messing that up. I started out putting one in my home office (late afternoon light through the window) and one in the living room (morning light, though nothing direct). I made the mistake of putting the office one outside for a couple of days without transitioning it into the light and scorched it, and so I thought that was causing the problem, but the one in the living room is doing the same thing. I recently started transitioning them into shaded outdoor lighting, and they seem to be growing more, but the buds are still falling off. Colorado is pretty dry and I've been keeping them in areas with temperatures between 65 and 90 ... any ideas on what my problem might be?

Thanks,

Jason

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21