SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

I'm Getting A New Gardening Toy!

susanlynne48
11 years ago

Well, after all these years of wanting to have one of these (since the 1980s), I am finally breaking down and getting it! I couldn't resist the deal I got from Gardener's Supply. Drum roll........a fluorescent light garden! Yes, I will use it even if I don't grow anything from seed - for flowering plants year round perhaps? However, I have plans to start veggie, flower, and herb seeds with it, and grow indoor herbs during winter months.

GS had a deal I couldn't refuse. These are generally too expensive for me to afford, but GS has an 8-month installment (no interest) plan that made it affordable for me. I never even knew they did that.

Anyway, here is a photo of it, and if you have any suggestions for what I might need in the way of supplies, let me know. It comes with a 3-prong timer/plug, so won't need a timer. I am thinking capillary matting. I won't be purchasing heat mats, but it will be located in a warm space in the house. It's as close to a greenhouse as I'll ever get, and I am so excited.

Susan

P.S. This is a birthday present to myself.

Here is a link that might be useful: 3-Tier Light Stand

Comments (9)