SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Oh, Good! Another Cold Front & More Rain......

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
14 years ago

Well, what a relief. After a cold start to this day and then a perfectly lovely, clear, sunny and delightful (if somewhat windy) day, I was afraid we might have to put up with a whole long string of lovely, clear, sunny days in a row. Wouldn't want that, now would we? Then, I made the mistake of checking the weather forecast.......

For many of us, a lovely morning tomorrow (Sunday) will be followed by the arrival of a cold front sometime during the day, and with that front comes a chance of rain. Wow. How exciting....because you know, none of us have had rain in the last 24 to 36 hours or so, right? We wouldn't want for the mud and muck to actually have a chance to dry up, would we?

I'm just wondering why cloudy, cool rainy days are coming in strings of 3 or 4 and warm, clear sunny days are coming in ones or twos. At the rate the rainfall is going, maybe we should start building an ark and gathering two animals of each kind.

Further down on the map on the link, the "breezy" winds turn into "chilly" winds, and the weather for the week is described as an "active" pattern. I know what it means when they say "active"....recurring waves of something other than sunshine. I think it may be a long "off" season for us gardeners.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: NWS Forecast of Gloom, Doom, Cold. Rain

Comments (19)