SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mogwai24

Sick Plumeria Cutting - advice needed

Mogwai24
12 years ago

Hi! I planted a 3 ft dormant plumeria cutting and followed the directions from Plumeria 101. I made the cutting (accidently), let it scab for a week, used Rootone and Superthrive in a 12" pot with potting soil and perlite with pea gravel ontop. It has been a month now and the only change to the plant is that it looks a tad shrivelled and feels hard. I thought that I saw some growth as these vein-ey things showed up near the tips a few weeks ago but still nothing. It's in full sun and I water it pretty sparingly (could that be the problem?) our temps have been in the mid 90s There is still some green to it but mostly brown. My concern is that each tip of each stock is exposed showing a hardened white pithy substance inside that a few small bugs have taken residence in. All the other thriving plants I look at are closed off at the tips and isn't that where the leaves come from? I've now invested $50 into my so called stick in a pot and would love some advice on how to save it because my family wants to toss it and buy something prettier :( thanks for any help!!

Comments (5)