SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skyye21582

Is there a such thing as too much heat??

skyye21582
15 years ago

If you read my last two posts, you'll know I'm a first-timer with plumerias and I'm in the process of rooting 3 cuttings. So far, so good but it's been extremely hot here in SC the last few days. Usually it's only in the upper 80's, lower 90's this time of year but we had a heat wave the last week and it was in the upper 90's and even hit 100 and 102 the last two days. My other plants have suffered a little, but my plumeria seem to be loving it! It seems like they just took off in the heat, but being that it's my first time, I just wasn't sure if that kind of scorching heat was harmful to them. It doesn't look like they are suffering, but I didn't know if long-term heat like this would kill them. It's only June, but by August it will be in the lower 100's here.

Here are two pics to compare that were taken 1 week apart.

This is my light pink plumeria, taken 6/1/08

This is my white plumeria, taken 6/1/08

Light Pink Plumeria, taken today 6/9/08

White Plumeria, taken today 6/9/08

This is the top of the light pink plumeria. Is this the beginning of an inflo?

Also, when I do get blooms I will have to post pictures of them for you all because I do not know exactly what cultivar they are. My SIL sent them to me in packages that were only marked "Hawaii White" or "Hawaii Pink". I'd just like to have a name to go with my Plumerias when I "talk" to them...LOL :)

One more question for future reference. What is a trusted website to buy plumeria cuttings from?

Thanks guys!

Crystal

Comments (11)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor