SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soonergrandmom

Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Store.....

soonergrandmom
14 years ago

Went to the Baker Creek festival and store and came home with garlic to plant and 49 packages of seed. Guess I'll be moving that fence. LOL

Actually my husband was throwing things in my basket so fast that I really didn't know what I was getting, and he doesn't normally garden. A lot of things were out of stock this time of year but there was still a huge selection. I could have easily bought that many more but knew that I didn't have places to try everything.

We are always busy with church things on Sunday, but decided we would just take some time and drive over since we haven't had a vacation since Christmas. We went on Satuday and went to the Laura Ingalls Wilder (of Little House on the Prairie fame) museum on Saturday and then to the BC festival this morning. Both are in the same town. The festival is held on the first Sunday of every month and has lots of vendors there selling their wares. Lots of produce, wood products, plants, honey, jellies etc. in the open air booths. The permanent structures had a bakery, a mercantile store, apothecary, etc. which you can see on the web site. There was a little band playing while we were walking around and a place that served lunch, but we didn't eat. Lots of little chicks to buy and even a duck.

They had several chicken pens, sheep (I think), some beautiful turkeys in another pen, and lots of gardens. I had a very nice time and even my husband said he wanted to go again.

It is not a big place and is out in the country and the last few miles of road are gravel, but a good gravel road. We went early and stayed a couple of hours. As we were leaving the traffic coming in was a steady stream so I think they were in for a busy day.

It is close enough to us that we can get up early and drive up and back in one day. It's one of those "one tank of gas" trips from our house. It took about an hour and 45 minutes from Grove so we will be going again.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH