SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngardenchick

Greetings from NE Ark!

Hello everyone! Been a while since I've posted anything, it's been a CRAZY summer!

The garden was a big hit and miss this year, but well worth it. We've had TONS of rain, well over our normal amount... and cold weather! Last week the night temps were in the low sixties! HUH? The end result has been a horrible year for tomatoes for the gardens around here. And melons... hard to find a good melon! Mine went BLACK on the vines!

But we've had some things produce well... my okra went like crazy. And my vining okra too (thai angle gourds, I think). Next year I'm doing an entire "wall" of those along my carport. Also, Dawn... I've had more Grande Jalapenos than I know what to do with! LOL! I've given away a bunch of 'em, people just love 'em!

Other than that, I've potty trained my youngest... and tried to help my oldest with girl trouble... LOL! (That's what you get when your kids are twelve years apart!) We also were without internet access for about three weeks, turns out there were birds in a switching box eating the wires! WEIRD!

I've got some fall tomatoes in a different spot with blooms on them, hoping for a few tomatoes before it gets too cold! And I'm finally getting some purty lil butternut squashes too. So, it's not been a total bust around my home!

Hope all is well with everyone! I'm gonna read up on what's been happening with you guys. Have a Happy Labor Day!!!

Beth

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting