SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andyandy_gw

It's Sad, 8-29, and some are coming in alredy

andyandy
17 years ago

Never would I have ever thought that any of my palms would be coming in by August 29th but here we are. My king palm seedling is coming it tonight. With highs forcasted in the mid-low 70s and lows in the mid- high 50s there's little chance of it growing outside. In the house next to the window where the sun will raise the temp to about 80 and not falling below the high 60s at night should get it going again. I have two heat mats I am going to tape to the outside of my older coconut's pot that should raise the soil temp about 7-10 degrees. I also plan on putting x-mas lights around the pot of my younger coconuts. If that doesn't raise the temp enough they will come in after this weekend (The Un-official end of summer). While August has been pleasant (until the last 5 days of rain) it's been a stinker for heat loving tropical palms. We have not hit 90 since August 2nd. Mostly low 80s and high 70s the rest of the month. Each day that passes makes a late summer heat wave less and less likely. Hopefully we can get a mid-late September warm blast. Not likely but hope springs eternal. These forcasted temperatures are about 5-7 below normal. Just like August has been.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath