SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mosgra

Good things come to those who ask!

miraje
12 years ago

So I've mentioned before that I'm building a garden from scratch this fall. It's going to be about 400 square feet of gardening space in 10 beds, and I was feeling a bit of sticker shock after browsing online for stuff I could use for edging. I starting stalking Craigslist for giveaway materials, but I have an added problem that I drive a small car that probably can't handle a huge load of bricks or lumber.

Lo and behold, someone started building a new home in the subdivision right next to us, and they started accumulating all sorts of scrap materials in a pile next to the house. I've driven by it every day for a few weeks now eyeing the wood pallets, but up until today I was either too chicken to ask for them or there was no one there.

Anywho, I finally went over there today to ask for them, and they even offered to deliver them to my house since they wouldn't fit in my car (not that I didn't try first of course)! So now I have a stack of about ten pallets sitting in my driveway, and all the guy wanted in return was tomatoes from next year's garden. I love Oklahoma sometimes. :)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting