SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esox07

Need opinions/advice

I have 40+ seedlings going right now. Most of them were started exactly 4 weeks ago. They are all doing fine except for one at this point. It is a Yuba Tuba and my only one of that variety. On tuesday, I went out of town until last night (Wednesday night). When I got back, it was shriveled pretty bad and leaning over about 45 degrees. I figured it might have dried out while I was gone so I gave it a shot of water. It has since perked up a bit but not like a thirsty pepper usually does. It still looks bad. None of my other peppers are looking thirsty and I still haven't watered them. Here are some photos which show several of the seedlings around it to compare it to.

After drying out, my next thought was damping off. But I dealt with that two years ago on a widespread basis and this is the only one with problems right now. It is still pretty weak right at the base of the stem and that also says damping off to me. I do run my fan for an hour every 4 hours but just before I left out of town, I had moved the fan to inspect the plants and forgot to put it back. I wouldn't think 1.5 days without air would have triggered the damping off...but maybe.
Anyone else have any words of wisdom or advice. I am seperating the Yuba Tuba at this point. I will keep it upstairs with my overwinter peppers and it will have to deal with window light. If it is damping off, I don't think I have to worry about my overwinter plants next to it.
Thanks,
Bruce

Comments (31)

Sponsored