SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merryheart_gw

WOW cooler temps here at last !

merryheart
15 years ago

Hi everyone!

I have not been really up to posting anything concerning gardening lately. This year has been the single most disappointing year of them all. Just HOT, HOT, HOT and DRY, DRY, DRY period.

I have picked cantelopes which had cooked on the vine before it ever fully ripened! I have never seen anything like it. They were all pretty much a waste.

The tomatoes have struggled and struggled to just survive and production has been pathetic to say the least. But they did live and if this cooler weather holds perhaps they will be able to produce more yet.

I have felt like such a gardening failure all summer....until I read Dawn's post where she was ready to give up! SHOCK! I thought then....well if she is ready to give up no wonder I have had such a hard time of it.

It is miserable to be standing outside in 110 degree heat index watering containers just to try to keep them alive when they are wilted from the intense heat. Seems like all of July was that way....just HORRIBLE.

Dawn we have still had no real rain to speak of either. I think just about like you mentioned .05 or something like that. Certainly not anything to get excited about...the watering still went on all day yesterday.

Today is cooler and very HUMID and it looks like we are passing up a good chance for rain. Last night the rain and thunder was just to our north....AGAIN....sigh.

I just hope and pray that the heat wave is over!!! So far is looks pretty good this week.

Ya'll hang in there. Soon enough it will be fall....and then winter....UGH. Try to enjoy what is left of summer.

Dawn I pray the rain will come soon and slow down or stop all those fires! Take is easy.

G.M.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting