SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ab2008

Need your thoughts on these seedlings and what may be wrong

ab2008
11 years ago

Alright so most of my seedlings are doing quite well. However I want to weigh in on what you all think may be the issue on a few of these guys.

A few of them the cotyledons have turned a couple of different colors (varying by different varieties.) One type as you can see they are yellowing. Now they haven't been underwatered, and I don't think I've overwatered them really. Think it may be time to move them out of the regular seed starting mix and move them into a better growing media like my miracle grow potting soil? I want to almost venture it's maybe a nitrogen deficiency but want others' input.

The other however, is more of a dark color? Kind of hard to describe, and it's not on the bottom of the leaves however. In all reality it's time to get them into bigger pots I think. Most of these seedlings have had 24/7 light with the exception of last night where I had them under a slightly weaker light, but they were starting beforehand.

Most of all of these seedlings look healthy otherwise, and their true leaves are a healthy color. But as always it's nice to get secondary opinions.

24/7 light
regular, but fairly light watering
no fertilize
constant 80+ degrees for these guys

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor