SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shadara_gw

Spots on new Heuchera (coral bells)

shadara
14 years ago

I will post a couple pics ASAP tomorrow when I have some light, but this is really bugging me.

I was kinda in a hurry before work and purchased a Heuchera 'Marmalade' from local GH (wanted 'Caramel' but this was the closest in color). The leaf color was perfect for what place I had to fill. But I later noticed small, light brown spots on the surface of the amber-colored leaves while it rode shotgun in my car during errands. I turned them over and there are little whitish clumps formed on the underside of the leaves wherever a spot was there above. Anyone hear of or see this before? If so... what is it and how do I fix it?

I immediately put it in a somewhat quarantined place (away from other plants) and bought a Bayer "3 in 1" pest/fungal spray at work tonight hoping it would do the trick but not using it until I hear from some of you.

I tried searching the web, but most pictures of various diseases or pest problems doesn't fit the bill. And I learned that Heuchera is supposed to be pretty pest/disease resistant plant.

Maybe this is nothing (like the pollen on leaves of my peace lily, LOL), or maybe it's serious. I honestly don't know. It just looks very strange to me.

Thanks for any and all input! I'm freaking out here!

Comments (3)