SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
us_marine

A little trouble with my coconut palm, please help!

us_marine
14 years ago

Ok, I have a few coconut palms I bought from a store in cali. They are small, they didn't have any mature fonds, and were a very healthy color. Despite being in that cold store for I don't know how long, with no sun. I put them out in the sun right after I bought them. They only recieved 3 hours of sun at first, then as summer came, longer hotter days in the sun. I noticed the tips were drying out and started to die, but in a dry climate many people said that was normal ( is it?) Then after a while I noticed the oldest leaf turnning a light dull yellow, and detaching itself. Where the yellow is it dies and turns brown. On the other side of the same leaf its has some yellow but mostly a healthy green. Then I examined the whole tree, the second to newest leaf was a light green/yellow ghostly color, so was the other leaves. The funny thing is it semms to only be in the places where the sun shines on it the most. It did however, gro its spear up, ( which still han't fully opened), that leaf is alot greener, but not as dark as when I got it. It also has a new spear almost half way up, looks like a mature fond too, its a single spear. Thats leaf seems healthy as well. Just a little worried because I heard of lethal yellowing, hope its not that. Also can cold temps or nutrition deffeciency have something to do with the leaf coloring? Its been outside in cold temps ranging from 2 weeks in the low 40's, and a month in temps from 50 to 61, but mostly 55.

If you would like a to see a photo, I can post them,

Thanks,

US_Marine

Comments (21)