SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dpolson37

Exotic Plumeria visit

dpolson37
14 years ago

I had the fortune to visit Exotic Plumeria and meet Alan who has the passion for plumerias that we all do. Although not really open for the season, Alan was more than willing to let me visit. Of course I couldn't leave without 2 very healthy cuttings; a Nebels Rainbow and Kauka Wilder. Exotic Plumeria is located near Tampa Florida. As you all probably know Florida experienced colder than usual temperatures this winter. The cold weather took its toll on many of his plants, but the plumerias all seemed to be hibernating just fine in his many greenhouses. I got to peek into the one he uses to root cuttings and there must have been a couple thousand in progress. As if that wasn't enough to make any plumeria lover die, Alan took me to another building with close to 10,000 cuttings. I can only dream of having such a collection some day. Here's a photo of the inside of one of his plumeria heavens. If you are ever in Tampa, you should pay Alan a visit. He tells me it's unbelievable in a couple months and I don't doubt him at all.

{{gwi:1156677}}From Garden 2010

Comments (6)