SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
p_mac

Thistle - or 'Devil Weed' aka Bull Nettles

p_mac
14 years ago

Does anybody have ANY ideas that would work to kill this HORRIBLE weeds? My DH calls them Devil Weeds. We've tried drilling with a sharp pole to bust up the tuber, then followed with a heavy dose of straight Roundup. We've tried digging them up. We've tried brush killer. Any ideas?

My anger and frustration came tonite. I was so focused on picking this perfectly formed, red, ripe tomatoe I didn't even see the leaves. Guess there's an upside - this plants foliage hasn't been eaten by the Fungus, but STILL!!! I scrubbed with acne cleanser and a brush, followed by Walmart version of SeaBreeze so the pain is gone, but the whelps endure....and itch a bit.

Any body else got any ides? Thanks!

Paula

And the Varmints got two of our cantelopes while we were staking up the young roma's! The chew marks were too fresh and didn't even have ants yet! DH is out staking down the deer netting by the light of our security light not too far from the garden. It's either rabbits (DH has been target practicing because there are SO many) or squirrels. How can they be so thirsty with so much rain????

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations