SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shekanahh

Composting

shekanahh
14 years ago

I would like to have some advice, or a link that offers some sensible advice on composting. My son who recently visited from Albuquerque had become very discouraged in his gardening efforts due to the poor soil where he lives. After visiting my garden, he now wants to start building his soil and renewing his efforts in gardening.

I went to the GardenWeb composting site and found mostly nonsense, which I don't think would be very helpful to a newbie. For his needs, he will probably need to build a three compartment bin, so it will look nice and neat in the subdivision where he lives. I'm thankful I don't have those restrictions to be concerned with where I live!

Also, the local supply of amendments there in ABQ is probably pretty sparce, but he could probably manage to locate some horse bedding and the like. Since there are zero grass clippings, and no fall leaves to gather, he will probably have to buy amendments. Anyways, any suggestions and or good links that you know of would be helpful.

Thanks,

Barbara

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths