SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkcy

Is my Queen Palm healthy? (PICS)

kirkcy
13 years ago

Hello, i have moved to a new house 2 months ago and it came with a nice garden containing Olive trees, a Queen palm, Date palms, Callistemon, Pomgranades and Photinias. My experience and knowledge for plants was non-excistant before adopting this garden but i am learning fast.

My question is about my queen palm which has developed some burned/yellow tips since last month, so i thought i'd post some pics. The damage is only on the side/older leaves, the fresher, taller ones look healthy to me. So is this just the older leaves dying out or have i done something bad to it? My neighbours queen palms look much healthier, with a lighter green color and more 'sturdy' foliage.

It gets deeply watered once a week and i also give the soil some light moisture every 2-3 days to keep the flowers in the base alive. The weather here in Cyprus is hot and dry, similar to Arizona if i would compare, we are already in the high 30's and it's not even summer yet.

So am i just overreacting or so is something wrong with my palm?. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

{{gwi:1134453}}

{{gwi:1134455}}

{{gwi:1134456}}

[{{gwi:1134457}}

* The youngest leaves which look fine.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County