SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

OT: Sister's Home Flooded

susanlynne48
16 years ago

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. Sally's home did flood and they had just finished re-carpeting and ceramic tiling the floors, and had put down new wood floors in her kitchen and dining area. All of that is gone. She managed to get her living room furniture (which was new also) up on cement blocks, so it is okay. The wood furniture they may be able to refinish. They have no flood insurance because it is not in a flood zone area. Like many of the folks up there. They have no water; no sewer and the power is iffy - off and on. She is staying with her son and his wife right now, but are going to rent a house while the clean up work and renovations continue.

They are surrounded by water and can't get out, but her son's house was spared the flooding. They are SAFE, thank goodness. I just hate it that she has lost so much. I will post more when I get news of what is happening. Phone lines are jammed, if working at all. We lost our connection last night, so that is the gist of the info I got in the time we had to talk. I told her I loved her and was glad to hear she's okay.....and the kitties and their dog, too!

Please continue your prayers for them. I really appreciate it and I know she does, too.

Susan

Comments (17)