SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
btalarczyk

Weird Boxwood issues!

btalarczyk
12 years ago

Ok, so these boxwoods were planted about 4 years ago. They are in zone 5b or 6. They are planted in a center strip between 2 streets. The strip is wide with a walkway down the middle. Both roads are bearly traveled. No salt is ever used on the sidewalk down the center strip. There is a large condo complex on one side of the street that kind of channels the wind down the center strip.

The issue (as you can see in the pictures) is that they have been turning orange. This started last winter. one died during the summer last year. They rest greened up a little bit during the summer but the orange color was still very visible. Now, this winter they are really orange again and I fear they all might die. Does anyone know what might be going on with these boxwoods?

By the way, there is another set of boxwoods on the same center strip about 150 feet away from these and their doing just fine.

Also, the orangish colored boxwoods seem like they are not growing in size anymore. Plus the center strip has irrigation turned on during the summer.

Hope I gave you guys enough info but please tell me anything else you think I might have missed and I'll answer it as best I can.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me to try and save these boxwoods!

Comments (9)