SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shroomcloud

Turkish Chile Peppers

shroomcloud
14 years ago

Okay, So I've been trolling in these forums for a while, this is my first post though. Here is what I'm looking for....

I lived in Turkey for about a year and a half, and when I would order a kebap or just about anything in a restaraunt there they would serve it with a small side of these smallish yellow peppers when they were in season. I've searched high and low for the proper name of them. I've searched on the forums and though some look close nothing is exactly what I remember. they are the same ones that you will often find pickled on roadside stands in 2 liter bottles.

The best descriptive i can give is yellow/green at harvest ripening to a burgandy almost purple. 2.5-7.5cm/1-3inches in length slender. most resembling a tabasco in appearance and heat. I've asked the few friends I have remaining over there, and no one can give me a proper name other than aji biber, which translates literally to hot pepper. If anyone knows the info would be greatly appreciated, if you know where to get seed even better.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County