SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
getyourleash

Heart Attack, Anyone?

getyourleash
18 years ago

Well, I am surprised I can sit and actually type after my experience this morning... I was being a good little gardener, weeding my beloved flower beds. I had finished my rose bed and was moving to my highly esteemed peony bed located on the south lawn. I was sweaty, getting tired and well it began to rain and rain and rain. That was fine actually, it cooled me off! I went to grab one last handful of unwanted weedy stuff and nearly jumped out of my skin! I saw what I thought was a black rat snake - a HUGE black rat snake. I jumped so high I think I saw angel angel coming towards me ready to lead me to heaven! I hopped out of the garden and turned my back. Then I heard a weak, tiny m-e-o-w. I'd been had. It was my black and white cat Siri, whose tail seemed to resemble a snake. She had been napping in the peonies without a drop of noise. I had no idea she was there until I jumped and high-tailed it away from the peony bed. I can just read the newspaper headlines for the following day: 'Owner dies after seeing a snake; was really cat's tail'. I think I need some valium...LOL

Comments (2)