SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spencersmom_gw

Holy Cow.. Seeds on Steroids

spencersmom
15 years ago

So I started my seeds last Saturday because I figured.. two weeks to sprout roughly, then grow indoors and be ready to plant in March sometime (hopefully). Well.. I checked on them last night and I counted 26 had already come up. In FOUR DAYS! I could see potential for some more but I left them alone. So now I'm a little worried that my margin of error will be lower than planned and have contacted a friend to take over flow. Naturally he was MORE than willing to oblige.

So what I did was I took a 72 cell tray and filled it with Fafard's starter mix. I barely covered the seeds, sprayed them down, covered the tray and put them on a heat mat on top of the refrigerator. That's it! When I went to spray them last night I couldn't believe the results. One seedling is already over an inch tall and has its first set of leaves (I can't remember what those leaves are called). Everyone else is just barely coming up but still! I'm excited.

Now, how do you get the seedling out of the cell? With a spoon and surgeon-like skill? Can I move it to a styrofoam cup or small pot until it goes outside? How many times can you transplant a plant before it gets really mad?

HAPPY 2009!!!

-Erin

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations