SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katrina1_gw

proud of my Japanese Stewartia

katrina1
18 years ago

The struggle is great, yet my recently planted 2.5 foot tall Japanese Stewartia is hanging on.

The nursery had grown it in shade, and three weeks after I planted the tree back when days were very cloudy and much cooler and 10 feet away from the east side of my house, now during sunnier days the tree is showing lots of leaf burn.

The tree's planting location offers it lots of sun, and the only shade it gets is for a few hours in the morning and a few hours late in the day. But it is still making the effort to survive. a few new leaves have grown lower down along the trunk. I have not taken them off, because they seem to be tollerant of the light they are getting. Hopefully, if all the older brown edged leaves die, the tree will produce more leaves like the new ones that seem to be enduring the sun better.

This is a wonderful little tree. A lesser cultivar of tree would have already died. This little tree makes me feel proud of it as it struggles to adjust. I do not know if it will bloom this year, but as long as it survives at least it will be set to put on a beautiful blooming display next July.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions