SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

June Weather In June: How Sweet It Is!

Ever since the rain started falling again, we have had the oddest weather---it is June and we actually have June weather. Isn't it great? After having so much abnormally hot weather in May and June the last few years----ever since 2011 really----it is nice to wake up to decent temperatures every morning and it is really nice to not even hit the 90s until around noon. I hope it lasts for a while.

At our house, we've only hit 100 degrees once or twice this month, and that was before the widespread rain cooled everything down. I don't even think we've hit 100 degrees at our Mesonet station yet, which would be normal for June but is such an improvement over the last few years.

I hope this weather lasts awhile. I noticed yesterday that I've gotten good fruit set on the tomato plants this week, which is another way the weather is much improved over the three previous summers. Even Brandywine, Dixiewine and Texwine all have set new fruit in the last few days.

With the weather being so much better, I expect a fairly long tomato-canning season this summer and likely will be canning the first batch of salsa tomorrow. I've got the tomatoes, onions, garlic and jalapeno peppers harvested already, and just have been waiting for the first green bell peppers to be ready for harvest---which they are.

Some of you in the rainy part of the state this morning may even be thinking it is cool for June. Cool is good.

Dawn

Comments (7)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm