SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eemedrelyt

Washingtonia robusta palm and Sago palm

eemedrelyt
15 years ago

Hello. I have had a washingtonia robusta palm since last august. it had a few dead leaves and bent leaves when i first got it and i just let the tree do its thing and eventually have them die then i cut them off. The tree has only produced about 2 new leaves since october and one little leave that is still about half way out. but the thing is this little leaf has been the same since late december. I was just wondering is this normal? is the tree just going slow because it is winter? Will it grow more once spring arrives? And also, i know its normal for palm tree leave tips to turn a little brown, but on one of the leaves about 3 inches in from the tip of the leave it is all light green/lightbrown, is this normal? the leave came out about last october.

This palm is planted in a plastic pot, it is inside for winter now, it will go outside for the spring, summer, and early fall. It is planted in miracle grow dirt with some sand, i water it about every 3 weeks when it is inside cuz it takes a little longer for it to dry.

O and also, i have a sago palm. It is doing amazing just one question. The oldest leave on the sago palm has turned brown a little and im guessing it will die soon, is this just because it is the oldest and it is dieing off for new growth? It is planted in a pot with miracle grow and sand.

Both palms are in direct sunlight.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting