SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

?'s Sowing Parlor Palm seeds...help plz?

daniellalell
15 years ago

Hi, I just collected seeds from my Parlor Palm today. I waited till they started falling off on their own, then shook the rest off..didn't force any off.

I just started them in a dome, and am wondering if I should cover the seeds w/any soil, press them down into the soil, or let them sit on the surface? They are so small. I didn't clean the seeds, just threw the tiny pods onto the soil. Hoping they wont mold! I hope there are seeds in those pods, lol!

They are in the same set up as the rest of my seeds I am starting, which all have bottom heat of 77-80 during the day. Room temp at night. With overhead lighting. Do they need light to germinate?

I can't seem to find much info on starting these from seed, so I was hoping some of you fine folks may know something and be able to help me?

O, I also noticed last week that each tiny pod (while still on the plant) had what looked like water coming from each pod's opening...just a teeny tiny droplet at each opening..is this normal? What's up with that?

thank you,

Daniella

Comments (7)