SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
morningloree

I am surprised

morningloree
10 years ago

Hi,
New to this forum, I became interested in Passion flower vines, when I noticed Maypop vines in my yard. Being a gardner, I just had to have more of these beautiful vines. I live in central Florida and ordered several. What surprises me is that Passiflora Coral Seas does well here. I later learned that it's not fond of hot weather and expected to have trouble. It is thriving here and is quite vigorous. We have had cold snaps during the winter and it did fine over the summer, too. One of the better performers in my garden. I will say though, I tried Mission Dolores here and it doesn't do well. I also have Passiflora Lunametista which is a beast. It has put out several runners and has covered a large area, I have had it almost a year. No effect from our winter or summer temperatures either. Passiflora Elizabeth and P. edulis are growing, but struggling. Panama Red got hit by the dip in temperatures and lost it's leaves, but appears to be recovering. I recently acquired P. loefgreenii and Passiflora Panda.

Comments (32)

Sponsored