SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soonergrandmom

Baker Creek Spring Festival

soonergrandmom
14 years ago

I spent my birthday at the Baker Creek Festival. There were tons of venders there selling seedlings. The only seedlings that really tempted me were the eggplant. Mine are only a few inches tall, and a couple of vendors had them 14-16 inches tall.

If I only planted a small garden, I would probably just go to the festival and buy all of my transplants because there were many choices there. They had several speakers there, and I attended a couple of them. I only heard a portion of the presentation given by Doug Oster, but bought his book, "Tomatoes Garlic Basil".

I bought a few packs of seed, a blackberry plant, and a red rasberry plant, the latest magazine, and the Oster book. I had already fought the crowds to buy seed, then again to buy plants, but after hearing him, I was reminded that I wanted to plant Lettuce Leaf Basil and had not bought seeds for it, so I fought the crowd one more time. Most of the seeds I bought were odd ball things like malibar spinach and red, yellow, and purple carrots. They had lettuce and tomato seeds on sale, so you know I had to take advantage of a good deal. LOL I only bought a few tho, because I have everything I need, and more.

We went to the Amish store in Seymour today and I wasn't quite so conservative with my buying there. DH and I were both adding things to the basket. I have lots of red winter wheat, but I wanted to buy white wheat and experiment with it. I'm not sure the price is ever going to go down on that product, so I hope it is worth it. I bought 25 pounds, so that should give me enough to experiment. My daughter uses it and loves it. We also bought noodles, a couple of kinds of flour, several kinds of cheese, brown rice, etc., etc. I liked the store.

It was nice to get away even for only one night, and a fun place to go....again.

Comments (13)