SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dannnnny29

Ornamental Aluminum Fence - Pittsburgh Area - I need help!

dannnnny29
11 years ago

My first post on this forum, here goes nothing. I live south of Pittsburgh and in between having a dog and deer finding my backyard to be a great place to poop, I need a fence. I property is triangular and have decided to get either vinyl or aluminum for the front, against the street and chain link on the one side. The other side has my neighbor's fence.

It all needs to be 6ft high (the borough will not allow more), with one gate in the front. My preference (looks wise) would be aluminum. I need 100 feet of it (and 160 ft of chainlink).I can install it myself without a problem, so the question is about the product.

I went to a couple of lumbar yards and lowe's and have found the following products:

1. Lowe's sells Gilpin, Merchants Metals and Rockland - the salesperson recommended Rockland but the don't keep any samples in stock so I could not touch it.

2. the other contractors around here carry either Regis or Alumi-Guard.

So My questions are:

1. Are any of the 3 brands sold by Lowe's worth saving $1000. Are they that bad...I would really appreciate some objective answers here.

2. if Lowe's products are junk, what about Regis or Alumi-guard? Is their residential grade good enough? I know they also have a commercial or industrial grade, but the price really jumps up.

I don't need something spectacular, I just need somethng that will stand up without problems for 10 years, given the Pittsburgh weather.

An suggestions would be very much appreciated, i am kinda lost. I could really use the extra bucks I would save, but I don't want to buy junk that needs replaced within 6 months. Thank you!

Comment (1)

Sponsored