SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Mid August

christie_sw_mo
11 years ago

What's everyone been up to?

I've been enjoying the cool weather and especially enjoying not having to water. I sure needed the break. It's freed up some time for me to get some other yard work done.

I have a big patch of bronze fennel that I planted for the swallowtails that was almost completely dried up. I cut most of it back to the ground because it looked so weedy and I didn't want it to go to seed. I made that mistake before. I need to get rid of about 3/4 of it. There would still be plenty for the swallowtails.

I cut back some poke that was getting ripe berries on it too. I didn't put any kind of brush killer on the cut stalks though so it will be back. I'm not convinced that brush killer gets rid of that stuff anyway. It sure is tough.

It looks like October in my yard because there's so many brown leaves on the ground under my trees and shrubs from the drought. My sycamore tree dropped the most. My tulip tree dropped a lot too. I'm think they'll survive but they're definitely stressed.

My yard is starting to green up again but there are more green WEEDS than green grass. It's pretty sad. No lawn awards for me.

I have some potted perennials I need to plant out and the forecast looks pretty cool except for today. If it really rains tomorrow like they say, I think I'll start planting.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting