SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Tornadoes Occurring--Y'all Watch Out For Them!

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
13 years ago

It has begun. I'll post warnings and watches as quickly as I can. Remember, though, that last week the warnings and watches began happening so quickly that I gave up because I couldn't type fast enough. So, watch your local media. If power goes out, remember you can get info in other non-traditional ways like Facebook, Twitter and text message. The Oklahoman has a great weather blog and it is updated quickly. Your local TV stations likely will go with wall-to-wall coverage if the outbreak explodes like it did last Monday. If you have a battery-powered weather radio, keep it handy and if you have an emergency scanner, remember you can usually pick up local storm spotters communicating with your Emergency Management Center as the spot storms in your local area.

I've got one thread going for T-Storm Warnings and a separate one for Tornado Warnings and I'll add to them as long as I can. If a 'big one' breaks out in a heavily populated area, though, I might post that one separately so it catches everyone's attention quickly.

The NWS once again has classified today's outbreak as a "Particularly Dangerous Situation" just like last week's. (It should be against the laws of nature to have two PDSs in the same location in the same month!)

Stay safe everyone. I'm thinking of all of you as I sit here in so-far un-warned and un-watched Love County. (I think we'll just get it later than the rest of y'all. I doubt it will miss us.)

Dawn

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio