SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merryheart_gw

Peppers just now growing--tomatoes not doing much either.

merryheart
17 years ago

I was wondering if there is anything I should do to try and give my poor peppers a boost or just give up on them completely? They are the ones which we dug up when the freeze came and they are just not growing. They are not showing signs of damage really, just not growing.

I could start a fire in my chimnea and put some ash around them....or use fish fertilizer???

The tomatoes...at least the older ones which we dug and replanted look pretty sad....but as pathetic as the plants look I saw a couple of blooms on the worst looking ones....lol. I told my DH there is no way those puny plants could hold up a tomato...lol.

I am not concerned with them however as I went ahead and planted some seeds right into one bed and they are up now and starting to grow. And I found a volunteer in one of my rose beds...hahaha.

I don't need many peppers if only one or two would survive and produce we would be fine.

In all my garden beds the squash looks best. It is about ready to start blooming I think. The cantelope are slow...but I am sure it is this weather....so cloudy. We need more sun.

It never got to 89 here like they predicted for yesterday. I am sort of glad as humid as it has been.

My roses and tomatoes do not like this cloudy, humid weather. But the kids in Michigan grow the most fantastic tomatoes I have ever seen and it is humid there. Wonder why?

I am always needing advice..but I am feel sure Dawn will jump in to help me with this one. Thank you Dawn..I really appreciate you and all the rest of you as well. You are all one great bunch of folks!

G.M.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz