SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elkwc

Survived 1st Predicted cold night!!!

elkwc
13 years ago

I have been going to post about predictions for 3 nights Sat, Sunday and Monday all from 31-33. And then saw Dawn's post this morning. I'm not posting to her thread so it will stay at the top longer. Our predicted low for this morning was 33. We are 43 currently. They are now saying 31-33 tonight and all but one service has raised Monday and Tuesday nights. Hopefully they will miss tonight also. I will continue to wait to put my big plants out in the garden. Wed they go out regardless. The wind is blowing 20-30 mph. Blew yesterday. I'm almost to the point with my lean to greenhouse as I am with my big one. I need some calm weather to finish. So not sure how much I will get done today. 3 of my 4 Azul Toro potatoes are showing regrowth from the 26 degree dip 2 weeks ago. Nothing on the 4th. And most of the late potatoes are showing growth. Will try to cover them a little with mulch if the wind will let up enough for it too stay on. None of the seeds I planted have germinated yet. So should be fine there. Hope everyone else either avoids or survives the cold nights possible in the next few days. Jay

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County