SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claritamaria

Clara Bloomed 'Floof'

claritamaria
16 years ago

Jeez, You guys sucked me into an interest in floofers! Sharon is HIGHLY to blame! :-) Still don't have her colours but hopefully I'll get there! I see from blooming outdoors humidity plays a role in colour intensity. The 4 orchids I have submitted to the board today all have disappointing colours. Quite different from the indoor bloomers that have abundant humidity. Does anyone else find that? Bud blast is also more prevelent outside with the lower blooms for me. The tops will bloom fine in an oncid/intergen, for example, but the lowers seem to blast it. I'm lucky they didn't all get de-flowered in the big storm this summer.

I house orchids for people who can't care for them. They often get dropped at my door ( Orphans). Don't know how I get them. They just multiply like rabbits. I started writitng down orphans. Its getting confusing. Most have not bloomed yet. It's a blind grow. Fun to see what non-addicts think is pretty!

The pink one is a piece of a BLC that I cut off last year. It was rotten but I saw evidence of growth. Most people would have tossed it to the dust bin. I got curious. Sometimes I think people are too quick to toss it. There is a lot to be learned. Not sure it will survive another season but I will keep trying with it. The older growth is in bad shape as you can see. Maybe a death bloom?

The yellow one says "Gold Rush". Some of the PB's need a little help and maybe I shouldn't have let it bloom. Honestly, it was in the roof garden this summer and I wasn't paying attention.

They seem to like to be ignored. I still don't exactly know what I am doing with the Catt types. I tend to over water. The BLC is in straight pumice w/ a spag top. The Gold Rush eplc is in a tree fern pot with some pumice. Its a little guy. Not the most well bred thing but well, he bloomed and will go back to his owner even though he shouldn't. (He'll be back, as "Arnold" says)

Clara

{{gwi:1120118}}
{{gwi:1120119}}
{{gwi:1120120}}

Comments (7)